Uncle Al's Tuna
(Courtesy of Rafy)
- 2 - 4 lbs Tuna steaked into 1 inch pieces (Yellowfin,
Longfin, Bigeye, Bluefin)
- 2 -3 large Bermuda onions (red), diced
- 3 avocados, sliced then diced (just before serving)
- 1 small jar capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¼ - ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro (can
sub. with flat leaf parsley; prefer cilantro)
cup Cajun spices
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Season Tuna steaks with Cajun spices.
Blacken in a cast iron pan (Tuna remains pink in the
Mix all other ingredients in sauce pan.
Warm for 5 minutes (do not over warm).
Once all tuna steaks are blackened, place
in serving tray & cover with all the other ingredients.
It is a semi-cold salad dish.
Serve with cold beverages & enjoy….. I do…. Rafy.