Longfin Tuna Over Pasta
In Red Sauce
(Courtesy of Rafy)
- 1 – 1 ½ lbs. Longfin Tuna (cubed into
½ inch pieces)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes with basil (28 oz can)
- ½ can Black Pearl Ripe Olives (3.8oz can), diced
- 1 can sliced “stems & pieces mushrooms”,
diced (4 oz)
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
tsp sea salt
tsp granulated garlic
tsp granulated onion
tsp fresh cracked black pepper
tsp cayenne pepper
tsp red pepper flakes
tsp dried whole leaf oregano
tablespoons crushed fresh garlic
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup capers
Strain crushed tomatoes in fine strainer. Let sit 5 minutes, without moving
or shaking. Place strained tomatoes in sauce pot.
Add all ingredients to the sauce pot, except Tuna
Let simmer about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add Capers, let cook 5 minutes.
Add Tuna cubes, cook in sauce until firm but able
to flake, (about 10 – 15 minutes at medium heat).
Meanwhile, make pasta (whole grain spaghetti works
Serve hot over pasta with a salad, & use your favorite grated (Parmesan
or Romano) cheese (maybe some garlic bread).